Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Date Night, Part One

Adam and I enjoyed our first date night in 8 months. Yes, we need to spend more time together without the boys. Yes,life as you once knew it is over when you have children.

I'm, of course, kidding (kind of). We absolutely love being parents. We spend too much time away from them during the work week and have trouble parting with them on the weekends. As a result, we typically have only 1 or 2 date nights each year.

My brother Jason and his wife Kate were up for the task to keep Jonah and Jude overnight and through much of the next day. I'll cover that perspective in part two.

By 5:00, I was kid-free and enjoying a peaceful shopping trip alone to Ikea while Adam played a couple hours of Modern Warfare. We arrived at the Melting Pot for a late dinner. Adam has never had fondue and I only once during a business trip. This location was so wonderful, especially for a chain restaurant like the Melting Pot. We were seated at this private little table and spent a couple hours eating and talking.

I was convinced that I wouldn't be able to sleep in the next morning. I have more and more trouble sleeping in the older I get. Oh no, not this time. 11:00! We slept in until 11:00! I was full of energy for the rest of the day. We had a long breakfast and read the newspaper and then did some shopping at the mall. Then, I organized the garage (therapeutic) while Adam played more Modern Warfare (therapeutic).

The boys returned home for dinner, and we all hung out on the deck the rest of the evening.

I'll say what I say at the end of each date night: "We really should do this more often." Translation: "Check this blog in 8 more months for our next date night post..."

No comments:

Post a Comment