Thursday, May 19, 2011

Party in Jonah's room...at 3:45 am

A screech and then giggles got me up this morning at 3:45.  I hopped up out of bed, and when I got to the end of our bed I could see that Jude's bedroom door was wide open.  Instant panic.

Call us cruel and unusual parents, but we lock Jude's door every night when he goes to bed.  Otherwise, he would get out of bed CONSTANTLY.  In fact, he got out of bed 39 times one night.  39.  No thank you very much.

Anyway, so I headed toward his room to investigate, and all I could think is that he somehow got out of his room, went downstairs and out the front door and is roaming around the neighborhood in the middle of the night.  As I'm passing Jonah's room, I see two little blonde boys in matching PJ's playing on Jonah's bed.

I was relieved to find Jude inside the house but could not figure out how he got out of his room.  I didn't want to make a big deal out of it and start the interrogation with Jonah so I just took Jude back to his room. I was surprised to find that he went back to sleep so easily.

After Jude was settled, I asked Jonah what happened.  His story made no sense.  I think Jonah was sleep walking and opened Jude's door.  Jude woke up and they both went to Jonah's room, and it was a party for a few minutes until I woke up.

We need booby traps.

No comments:

Post a Comment